Finally.......Forever a Family

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Paperwork update

Hi everyone............I just wanted to tell you that yesterday I requested a copy of the dossier paperwork. The agent had sent me a copy of the Set A paperwork for the 1st travel, but not the dossier for the 2nd travel.

As of tonight (11:27 cst).........I have all but 1 picture done for the Set A paperwork (Gary's working on cleaning up his paperwork....:) ).

For the dossier I lack

1. that same picture
2. A certified deed to our house (we'll pick it up tomorrow -- Thursday)
3. Notary trip AGAIN!!!!
4. A letter from a realtor about owning our house (we'll pick it up on Sunday)
5. 171 (waiting for an appointment to ask about if I need to be refingerprinted
since I just was last month) -- and then waiting for the 171 to actually be done
for me
6. FBI clearance papers were sent out today, now I await their return (hopefully
successful)
7. Doctors exam and paperwork (I can't do this until I know when my 2nd travel is,
because it expires too quickly)
8. Social worker home study and paperwork
9. And the most uncertain, but can't be stressed out about it because that won't do
any good, item..............Gary's employment verification form..............

Pray that he gets a job VERY quickly!!!!!

We will go back to the bank in the morning for another round of notaries.......and then meet/talk to our social worker in the afternoon. Hopefully she can get me something before we leave for Austin on Sunday.........to get the Apostilles done!!!!

5-9 should be all that's left for the dossier by Monday (hopefully #7 will be done by then too!!!).

Next week we start visiting with doctors..............on Tuesday we have the 171 appointment, then immediately afterwards we head to a cleft palate clinic to look at before/after pictures of children they've helped. On Friday we'll head to a pediatrician's office to have what little medical information we have, interpreted into non-medical talk......... :)

This week is coming to a close VERY FAST!!!! I still have a lot to do like creating a packing list for Russia (instead of China).........raising money for both trips.......and Gary still has to finish the "Eye's Wide Open" lessons required before traveling the 2nd time.

Please pray that these "little" things get done quickly (like tomorrow) so that we can move on to the bigger things involved with this adoption.............like bringing her home and knowing how to best care for her!!! :):):)


Please also note that I temporarily removed her picture from the site. I didn't want to possibly hurt anyone else's feelings that might have been working to get her. But also, I wanted to slow down a little bit. Though my agency has said she's mine, I know that countries still have a right to let someone else take her first (and then try and give me another while I'm there)............so to keep myself in perspective, I'm going to try not to stare at her pretty little smile too much. I risk a broken heart!!!! As well as breaking someone else's heart........or worse, some countries do not allow the pictures to be posted until total confirmation........so I want to try and think of all those rules just in case I don't know everything (when do I ever?)...........lol

Well, as par for this week, it's been a really long day and night.........I need to get some rest so I can tackle #'s 1-3 tomorrow + the social worker call AND I still have to go back to school to finish 1 last document (I've been out a week as of today and can't seem to find time to get that 1 document done with my principal!!!).......guess it's all the focus I'm giving to Isabelle.........:):):)

Terri for the Casebier's

2 comments:

Shandra said...

Our prayers are with you! I hope everythign got taken care of.

May I ask what cleft team you are using. We will be following in your footsteps. We will most likely use the one here in FTW. They use Cook.

Unknown said...

I am praying for you and following your updates.