Finally.......Forever a Family

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The end???? or just a new direction........AGAIN???

The Saga continues...............it's amazing what happens when we all start
saying how things are going really fast and God is so obviously in
it.................

Tonight I received an email from a NEW member (introduction) in the Russian
group............she's waiting for her court date (already made 1st visit)
and has to have the "8 doctors" give her baby the check up. Apparently
there are 2 sets of offices you can go to..............1 shut down a month
ago and the 2nd shut down on the 15th............................the reason
according to her agency..............to slow down adoptions.

We haven't sent our paperwork (or money) to Russia (though we have to the
agency) because of the glitch with the 1 other
paper........................now I don't know exactly what to think. I'm
sorely depressed.

We can change to another country, but we can't afford to switch to another
country (we couldn't really afford Russia, but the fees were reduced for
her) and even then, they all seem pretty shaky to me right now. The agency
won't return fees............only allow us to change countries or keep with
this one.

So, that means we're 0 for 3 now..............applied to Ukraine,
closed.......applied to China, slow down happened (lucky if we'll get her
within the next 3 years).............applied to Russia, closed.

And now we don't have Hannah's money AND we don't have the money to do a
domestic adoption.

I've emailed my agency to ask them questions and should hear back tomorrow.
If it doesn't go well, I probably won't be online for a pretty long time.
This is too depressing for me right now.

Here's the email's that I received.........

"My agency just told me last week that the 2 clinics that complete the '8 dr. medicals' have been shut down for 30 days apparently to intentionally delay the completion of adoptions. One was closed earlier in the month and the other was closing on the 15th of June. They are trying to get more information and see if there are any alternatives. I'm hoping something can be worked out!"


> Are you saying that they are intentionally shutting down the dr.'s so that
> adoptions can't be finished?

"Yes, that's what my agency told me (on Wednesday of last week)... I don't
have any more information than that. I'm hoping that it is a
misunderstanding and that adoptions are continuing. But it has me nervous
since I'm waiting on my court date."


Thanks, I really do appreciate all of your previous and new
prayers.................

Terri for the Casebier's

1 comment:

SARA said...

Terri, I am so sorry to hear of this sad news. I read your post on our agency board and then I read this... so so sad. I will keep you in my prayers.
Sara