Finally.......Forever a Family

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Feelings today........and what prayer is needed

I wrote this to my ladybug friends, but I thought I'd post it here for everyone.........some of it was in the last post, but most of it isn't. Prayer requests are at the bottom............I'm trying to stay ahead of this adoption thing.

I gotta get going on house cleaning so I can get the pictures of the house taken for our SET A paperwork (they wouldn't give me the dossier paperwork yet.............. set A will get us to our 1st trip though)..............that's all we really have left except for the homestudy update and social worker information........hopefully she'll call me pretty quickly. I called her last night and left a message that we're trying to get it done this week................

As soon as we have the house pictures, we are traveling to Austin to get the Apostilles...............no waiting around...............and then overnight them to OR.....................my agent said that it'll take at least 10 days to get to the Region (Samara) and then who knows how long it'll take for them to decided to send me an invitation to the Region to check out the children..................then we'll go, meet, and choose Isabelle (probably during the summer, so we're thinking dh will be able to go at this point)..............then we have to come home for at least 2 months (she said it won't be any less than this)............and wait for the court date.................then we go back to court................then have to wait another 10 days to take her home (we don't even get to keep her after court until the 10 days are up) .........................we can't stay in the Region for those 10 days either..................so we'll probably travel around Russia or to Germany (where I graduated from) so that Gary can see many of the places I lived and grew up for the 3.5 years that I lived there.............I'm excited about that.

But, I'm not excited about the wait because it's during the school year and Gary will have a new job..................because of the timing, I may have to send dh home after the court..........and spend the rest of the time there by myself .....and bring her home by myself...................... :(

AND with all the cl/cp issues Isabelle is going to need surgery for and comfort she'll need...........I'm starting to worry about going back to work myself, because she'll need me!!!!

Pray that I fill out the paperwork right (according to what Samara is thinking)............for her cl/cp...........there's a question about accepting someone with a special need OR with a minor physical ailment...............I chose the physical impairment.........because it is physical and when I think of special need I think more of mental disability....................hopefully they'll characterize her as the same so there won't be any confusion later on.

Pray that Gary gets a job (we think he should be getting a call back on either of the 2 interviews he's had, but especially the one from yesterday..............(she said that she's not the final interviewer and that the principal would have to interview him as well). Thanks for the prayers so far.

Pray for me in this time that I'd not start to get too stressed out about the cl/cp thing. I can't be a sahm yet...................I have to wait until Gary's been working for at least a year..........or maybe 2 to quit all together. ...........................I was planning on working part-time at least until we brought Hannah home....................

Thanks,

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terri - she is so sweet. She has the most beautiful eyes. Everything will work out for you guys - I am so happy for you!!