Finally.......Forever a Family

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Paperchasing part 1

Hi everyone.............

Everything started out with cleaning around the house while we waited for the agency to open. I was going a little nuts as I had trouble sleeping the night before. It's like having Christmas morning at Grandma (Alice) Poland's house. We know it's all down stairs, we know it's ours.........but we aren't allowed to go there yet and we DEFINITELY can't wake anyone up!!!! It was difficult, but my ladybug friends helped me through it.

After the agency opened Levahna sent me the other files that I needed. Jaclyn had told me that we could have her by the end of the summer if we worked quickly and I asked if Levanha if this was correct. She said it was. Later in the day, however, I asked her about time between the two trips..........she said it was no less than 2 months and that it'd be at least 10 days for the documents to make it to the Region (Samara).........so I won't be traveling for the 1st trip until July at least........Thus there is really no way that I can have her home by the end of the summer. Once again, I feel that my agency has not been fully obvious and honest with me about travel times involved...........I don't think they feel that they're being dishonest..........rather just trying to get the children home quickly. However, if I ask when's the soonest I can get her home........or can I really get her home by the end of the summer, I would expect an honest answer of NO the 1st time............not........I'll tell her after she signs the acceptance letter..........Very dissappointing...........and I don't know how it's all going to work out unless we wait until Christmas time for the 2nd trip..........Gary is going into a new job...........so he really can't take off too much work to do this right now and MUST (and wants) to be there for the 2nd trip..........

Yesterday went well as we got copies of our marriage liscense, employment verification (for Terri at least), most of our notary papers signed, and the checks written (to be sent today) for the agency fees (a little more than 1/2 the total needed) and USCIS fees (we're waiting to see if they're going to make us get RE-FINGERPRINTED after just getting done a couple months ago).

Today we are focusing on getting those things mailed out, finishing the notary work (we missed a couple papers yesterday), and cleaning our house more to take pictures -- a paper also has to be notarized for the pictures!!!

I got some sleep last night..........so not as hyper as I was yesterday.

A little down, but a little better organized paper wise..........BUT, this is only STEP A paperwork...........Levahna didn't want to send it all to me at once........boy does she not know me yet!!!! I asked her in the afternoon to send the rest.......since I'm already working on a lot of it...........lol She agreed, but I haven't seen anything yet...........

Well, I gotta go work on the house........

Terri

No comments: