Finally.......Forever a Family

Friday, October 5, 2007

Traveling TODAY!!!!

I am so excited about traveling with Stacey today..........I can't wait to meet up with her in Chicago.

I fly to Chicago alone..........then meet up with Stacey (traveling from Denver). We then head to Paris, then Moscow, and finally travel to Samara on Sunday.

Sunday afternoon I get to keep Isabelle forever!!! I will finally start to feel like a mom and be just as overwhelmed with all the responsibility as I can possibly be.........I can't hand her back to someone else a few hours later like I could with daycare............she's actually going to be MY responsibility FOREVER!!!! (or at least until she's an adult........lol).

Tuesday we'll head back to the courthouse (or maybe just our translator will) to finalize the 10 day wait thing and then fly out in the evening for Moscow again...........

On Wednesday we'll head to the dr. office to update her shots and get all of her medicals................Thursday we're off to the US Embassy to work on passports and immigration things.............Friday we're off to the Russian consulate to register our little one before traveling back home on Sunday........

Yes, I said Sunday, not Saturday. I thought we'd have to stay overnight Saturday when I 1st made plane tickets............so Stacey & I will have more sightseeing to do in the mean time. I know I want to see some of their famous churches............and possibly do a Kremlin tour...............plus there are other famous things there that I may not even think about that Stacey knows of.

Gary & I went to a famous art museum when we were there last time, and I like art.......so I hoped I'd like this one with 62 rooms.............it was ok, but most of it was portraits................I liked the tile mosaics and some armour in the last few rooms................we walked so much this last time, that when I saw the chiropractor last night (started seeing him after being in such pain from the 1st trip) he was in awe at how much more loose my leg joints were this time................I wonder how it'll be after this trip and carrying Isabelle while walking..........:):):) (Pray for my back though)

So much to do and so little time to do it in. Packing went well into the night.......and yet I'm at my weight limits pretty much..............so I don't know how that will work out in the end................

Gotta run..........too excited to stay on the computer...............but I'm gonna post some pics from the last trip 1st..........this trip was a lot cooler than the last, but it was still really warm............some pictures show me REALLY sweaty, but I don't remember sweating nearly like that. Also, as soon as we stepped off the plane in Samara, they took us to the orphanage to see her............so this is also travel sweat I guess...........:):):) Please understand and don't be disgusted.........

Terri for the Casebier's

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Terri, May God be with you and Stacy as you travel to Isabelle! May His hands guide your steps and keep you safe.

Wendy

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Congrats - I know I have been 'away' a while but been busy with work etc. then just answered an email and next thing I know you are in Russia... this is brilliant... take care and won't be a stranger... Fliss