Finally.......Forever a Family

Friday, October 5, 2007

Joy and Sorrow

Hi everyone..........this has been a truly crazy week for me after returning from Moscow at about 3:30 p.m. on Sunday and then to leave again for Russia today.

Soon after I arrived home, I got news that a co-worker (teacher & friend) died on Sunday from Breast cancer. Monday was my first trauma response team intervention. I think that staff probably took it harder than most of the children. Many of them weren't too upset, but would ask questions about it throughout the week to try and deal with what was going on.

Tuesday evening I came home to a prayer chain email that let me know our music minister lost his wife suddenly. They still don't know why, but that she's definitely in a better place. She left behind a 12-13 yr old son, a 24-26 yr old daughter/son-in-law, a 1 yr old grandson, and a very sad (yet hopeful) husband.

Grief is heavy for all around here.........funerals are today.

However, I won't be able to attend because I am leaving today to pick up Isabelle on Sunday. My heart is torn between grief and excitement...........I must press on and bring our little one to her new families here...........she can help overcome some of the sadness I hope for these other families..........

Terri

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Terri-

Rest assured that your ladybug pals will be lifting your trip up in prayer. I am SO excited for you, and am thrilled that you are officially going to be a mom. May God bless your journey physically, financially, emotionally and spiritually. Can't wait to see pictures of your family of three!