Finally.......Forever a Family

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Update on the wait for a court date

Hi all,

I was somewhat depressed yesterday evening...............I had found out that the translator still has not received the 1 document she needs from the Moscow adoption affairs office. It has to travel snail mail from request to answer. It is the letter saying that Isabelle has been released for adoption.

This is sad because we'd just heard a week before from the translator and she made it sound like she had already received the letter. We were planning on travel dates around the week of September 17th. Now, I am thinking that the court date (2nd trip) will be around the 1st week of October at the earliest. Hopefully getting her (3rd trip) around the middle of October. Our little girl is just sitting there and wondering why those 2 people came to see her and showed her the rest of the orphanage........and all that stuff outside. She's wondering if we'll ever return and take her on a walk again, blowing bubbles, laughing, and trying to understand her babble talk...........and helping her try to walk.

But, I choose to look at the positive. I have more time to raise funds for our 3rd trip cash and the airline/hotel costs. I also had been struggling with returning to school after we get her. I also wanted to keep the momentum I currently have with my job, because I know that this momentum will be a LOT less after we bring her home.

I'm doing a little better with the thought of returning to school, but I really didn't want to come back before Christmas break.........but I wanted to spend at least 8 weeks with our little girl, then another 4 weeks with her after her surgery. Well, I should be able to go back after Christmas break now with only being out about 8-9 weeks off.................so that problem would be resolved (and I'd actually be getting 12 weeks off then because of holiday breaks as well).

So, that's it for now...........hopefully this time will also mean that Gary is able to find a job prior to traveling for the 2nd trip..........please pray that this happens and any potential employer will understand his need for traveling and not let that interfer with hiring him. Optimally though, they will have him as a substitute until we come home.......then hire him fully, because that way he won't use/lose any of his leave time (or if it's in my district, use any of our COMBINED 12 weeks off for FMLA).

Thank you for your continued prayer.

Terri for the Casebier's

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I will continue to pray for your family. I know God has a plan, He knows the end from the beginning.

Hugs,
Tracy

Kiy said...

Oh gal, I sure do hope the translator gets your papers soon! Will keep all of you in my thoughts, with hopes of traveling soon!

Kiy