Finally.......Forever a Family

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Update on paperwork to Russia #4 and more

Hi everyone.

I'm finally physically recovering from our 1st trip. The jet lag didn't really hurt me at all..................it was the really back strain that I'd created on my upper back!!!! My shoulders and neck are starting to feel better after heading to the chiropractor for a few "treatments"............that will teach me for trying to lug 2 suitcases, a laptop, and a backpack around Russia..........and that's not even including the larger backpack and 2 duffle bags that Gary was carrying around!!!!

I've already determined that on the 2nd trip we'll have 1 backpack, 1 duffle bag (gifts), and 1 suitcase (with a handle and wheels)........that should make it a lot better. On the last trip we'll have 2 suitcases (wheels and handles) and 1 large backpack. One of the suitcases will be for all of Isabelles things (clothes, food, toys, etc). We'll leave all that stuff in our Moscow hotel before going to get her because that trip will be one giant turn around to stay in Moscow the same (or next) night.

Update on finances~~~~ well, God (as always) is wonderfully good. 1. We still do not have money for hotels/airlines, but we do have credit that we can use if necessary. I'm just afraid that if we use it (and end up maxing it out) that we may be stretched to far, bills wise. 2. We have most of the cash in hand for the 2nd trip though (about 3000 out of 3500 needed). The 3rd trip is only 10 days after the 2nd, so I'm not sure about the cash in hand for that one though............it's ok, so far He hasn't let us go anywhere without everything we need!!!! (and He never will...... :):):)).

Update on her paperwork!!!! ~~~~~ Her paperwork is all in Russia and the translator is trying to schedule a court date. We hope to know in the next couple days when the court date will be (and thus when our 2nd trip will start). We've been told to expect the "10 day wait" to be 10 business days..........and if the 10th day is a Friday, it may require us to wait until the Monday afterward. We're still planning on coming home in between trips so that I can continue to work and not lose any leave days without our daughter.

Well, that's the word for now...........I'll be posting AS SOON AS!!! I have the court date........YEA!!!!! Then I'll have to quickly order the visas and purchase plane tickets.............we still hope/expect to be traveling the week of Sept. 10th or 17th.......All looks very positive.

Thanks for all your continued prayers and love!!!!

Terri for the Casebier's

1 comment:

Alisha said...

This is so wonderful for you and Gary. What a miraculous blessing you are receiving and God's timing is perfect!!! I will keep praying about your finances