Finally.......Forever a Family

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Isabelle Hope?

Well, I've said it before that I'm nervous because of what the 3 doctors have said regarding the health report we currently have (and their liability issues). It makes me a lot more nervous than Gary.

But, on one of my yahoo groups (LCC) another person asked about "small head circumference" (a major issue this last doctor had) and the response from other adoptive parents has been overwhelming!!! NONE of it has been negative. ALL of the children have been fine up to this time in the conversation. I think the thread was meant more for me (the only one adopting from Russia) than anyone else. God knew I needed this encouragement and He's been using them to give me the peace I need about Isabelle. He's the one that brought her to us, we didn't go seeking her out.............I can't wait to meet her............though I'm terrified and excited at the same time. I'm trying to not get my hopes up to high after 5+ years of waiting for a little girl to call my own. You would think that after infertility AND adoption that I'd have a child by now...........but no, God had a different plan. From what it looks like at this point, it really includes this little one. I can only continue to pray that He gives me peace and ask that everyone else continue to pray that our 1st meeting will be one that melds our hearts together as a family. That I will be at peace and know immediately that she is or is not to be our baby.

Terri for the Casebier's

2 comments:

3 Sometimes Sweet Sistahs said...

Terri, May God calm your fears and mold your heart. You will all be in our prayers.

Pamela Askew said...

Terri,
Thinking of you and praying for you as you head out to Russia! can't wait to see how the meeting goes!

Pam