Finally.......Forever a Family

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Garage Sale 2nd day happenings!

Hey everyone..........just 4 days til we leave and 7 til we meet her. I can
hardly breathe at times............

I am still a little concerned about her, but God is using others in my
groups to comfort me. We've been having a garage sale the past 2 days and
I've asked to not know about the money end. I don't want it to effect me.
I'm the one keeping up with the adoption expenses and we're only able to
take this 1st trip because of credit cards....... :(

I was very frustrated this morning and left for a little while to get some
other things done (my friend is having the sale for
us)..........................and I left dh there to help out. When I
returned, he and I planned a piece of our evening (haircut) when the sale
was over for the day and I decided to stay for the rest of the day (about 2
1/2 hours more) because it wasn't that long and I just didn't want to stress
out again with waiting.

So, I stayed. There were a lot of down times and only a few really up sale
times during that 2.5 hours.................but there were 2 that really
impacted me.

1. I was watching as mothers were letting their el. school children out of
the car while they waited inside the air conditioning of their cars. This
kinda frustrated me as I watched the kids run back and forth to ask their
parents if they could get something. One was a little blonde girl, probably
in the 3rd grade. She had already ran back and forth a couple times when
she looked at our board talking about the little one. She asked who our
little one was, and when I told her that we were raising money here to help
go get her, she said, "I can give $5!".....................my first reaction
was, I don't want you to get in trouble with your mom, so you better ask
her. She said it was her money and her mom wouldn't care. So, I said it
was ok.......................THEN, I promptly started looking around for
something else to give her..............lol I felt so bad that she'd given
up so much of her money and I wanted her to feel like she got something.
There was a fabrige (sp?) egg sitting there and I let her see
it............she took it too...................she really blessed me with
her big heart.

2. As closing time (4 pm) neared, we were starting to pack up and a few
more people came so we stopped for a little bit. I saw this mom with 2
children (1 older that didn't talk much) and a 5 year old girl. I watched
their interactions for quite a while. We had some puzzles there and the
little girl was going to get one, when she came to a veggie tale one I asked
her if she knew them and she didn't say anything. Several other comments
made me wonder if her family was Christian or not (something I really hadn't
been thinking about, but I was thinking about it with this family because of
the girl). Well, when she got to the poster we told her what we were doing
and she commended us (something not uncommon)....................then when
she got ready to pay her $3.75 she got out a check book..............which I
was thinking was odd. She went on to say that she was going to make it for
a little extra to help us bring her home. Then she went on to say that she
was a pastor's wife for a church down the road. They had a women's group
and they would be praying for us in our adoption. She wanted us to contact
her sometime closer to the 2nd or 3rd trip.................for prayer I
imagine. Because she kept on talking about the prayer group, I pulled her
over to the board again and had her look close at our little one's face and
told her the whole story about the 3 dr.'s..............I asked her to pray
about her health and our peace in knowing our decision. She already knew
what to pray for. She lead dh and I in prayer right there............it was
SO awesome!!!! Right before I pulled her to the board I looked at the
check. At first glance, I thought it said $10...........then I read it and
realized it was $100. That was a little less than 1/2 of what we made
yesterday all day!!!

When we got home, dh looked up the church site and found that it had a
Tuesday evening "Cowboy Church" service.............well, our church doesn't
meet on Tuesday's and our previous church was a "cowboy"
church......................I bet we check it out soon after we're back!!!

Well, I'm still at 4 days til take off and 7 days til meeting, but I'm much
calmer knowing that God is still so much a part of
this.......................He is organizing this FAR BEYOND what I thought
when I said before that He was going to really have to do things. I figured
that was just in the finances part (and though it is, He hasn't been so
"obvious" in this for this adoption up to this point) instead it's been a
lesson of trusting Him for a much greater thing.............her health and
me being able to help her/take care of her if her health isn't what I
hope.......................keeping my eyes on Him and not the circumstances
around me.............wow.........I'm terrified!!!! :):):)

No comments: